Monday, April 21, 2008

Love at first strum

My daughter Taylor takes lessons at Mike Risko's school of music in Ossining, NY. Each time we drive there I pass The Ossining Music Store. I wandered in recently and eyed this guitar hanging on the wall, a new Taylor 614CE. I looked at the price tag. OMG.

"Go ahead, play it."

I took the guitar off the wall. Its absolutely gorgeous. I sat on the little silver stool with its worn, black leather top. My fingers hit the fretboard and I strummed a few bars from the Rolling Stones, "Brown Sugar." The guitar was amazing. The guitar has the action of an electric, and the sound that'll bring tears to your eyes. I played a few bars of Pink Floyd's "Momma."

I have to have this. Bob Gallasi, one of the owners, let me borrow it for a week. Uh oh. There goes the bonus.